Friday, January 9, 2015

Archivo Nacho Barcia: Broken Dishes

 





Winifred: As a matter of fact, since you hired Mary Poppins, the most extraordinary things seem to have come over the household.

George: Is that so?

Winifred: Take Ellen for instance. She hasn't broken a dish all morning.

George: [uninterested] Really. Well, that is extraordinary.



I broke a plate at someones house it was really expensive what do i do? See, me and my friends were kinda horsing around and I broke this plate and it was expensive so what am i supposed to do. help please?

Best Answer Asker's Choice

You are supposed to replace it. There are companies online to find replacement of expensive China, if it is newer (like Lenox, etc.) you might find a replacement at an outlet store. It's all relative, an expensive plate to some might be $4, or to another $4000 or more. But if you broke it, it is your obligation to replace it with the same for pay the value of it. NO EXCEPTIONS.



Broke a china plate in two :(?
Best way to glue it back together?

Best Answer Asker's Choice

super glue, which works if it was a really clean break, any chips or splinters are going to show
if it was really expensive there are professional restoration places



I broke my mums plate help me?

What should I do I'm really scared no I can not tell her and she is not the understanding type even if it's an accident she will be like you ******* stupid fat ***** etc please what do I do I know what she's like you don't help me advice please should I blame someone else or what?????????

Best Answer

Wow, your mom sounds like Monique's character in Precious. Maybe you should call CPS and tell them about the broken plate so they can come act as refs for when you break the news to your mom.




If u accidently broke a plate is it bad luck or name me a list of wats bad luck?

Answers (4) Relevance
Spongebob Squarepants answered 6 years ago
There's no such thing as bad luck or good luck. Sometimes people just think they're having bad luck.

angelisauce answered 6 years ago
i don't believe in luck, in fact, i used to turn it around and make 13 not bad luck but something sexual

metfan1245 answered 6 years ago
nothing is bad luck



I Broke A Plate (Breaking Plate Dream)


I was standing in a kitchen I had never seen before. I picked up a white plate with a black design around the edges of it. It slipped out of my hands and broke into two pieces when it hit the floor.



I had a dream like this once- I was in a shop in London's Leicester Square with some real bad john and then a plate with things like a big clock and red buses on it slipped out of my arms onto the floor- AND it broke.
I broke a plate too!
Does that make me a plate breaker?

Although mine broke into more than two pieces.
What does that mean?
Your plate was more durable, I suppose.




Every time I drop a glass or a plate and it breaks, everyone around me yells, "Mazal tov!"
Mazal tov is a kind of congratulations! in Hebrew.
I believe that this custom comes from the greetings when a Jewish man breaks the glass with his foot at his wedding (please correct me if I'm wrong about it).
I was wondering what would people from your culture say if you broke a glass / plate.
Many thanks




If you broke a plate or a glass in Romania, people usually tell you "Noroc" which means "Good luck!".



My friend once broke a glass or a plate (I could not remember anymore which one but she did break either of it) and we were told that it's a sign of a bad omen. For instance, an accident of your loved ones. We also reminded our friend to be careful of the shards and not allow anyone to go near the area.



“When you drop a glass or a plate to the ground it makes a loud crashing sound. When a window shatters a table leg breaks or when a picture falls off the wall it makes a noise. But as for your heart when that breaks it s completely silent. You would think as it s so important it would make the loudest noise in the whole world or even have some ... Read Moresort of ceremonious sound like the gong of a cymbal or the ringing of a bell. But it s silent and you almost wish there was a noise to distract you from the pain. If there is a noise it s internal. It screams and no one can hear it but you. It screams so loud your ears ring and your head aches. It trashes around in your chest like a great white shark caught in the sea it roars like a mother bear whose cub has been taken. That s what it looks like and that s what it sounds like a trashing panicking trapped great big beast roaring like a prisoner to its own emotions. But that s the thing about love no one is untouchable.”
― Cecelia Ahern, If You Could See Me Now